Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cousins


Cousins that never met before - a perfect unexpected visit.



swimming in a chilly lake in the spring time - this is the same beach I enjoyed as a little one



















a bonfire with some truth or dare - with all the boys there was lots of talk about farts and other boy stuff








on the way to the lake there was a stop at our old property.  this is the cabin I came home to as a newborn, it had a porch and wood siding

the old out house

our driveway that led to the house, barn and chicken coop

so very thankful the boys had an opportunity to spend time with family, develop new friendships and visit places I spent as a kiddo.
Thank you for coming to visit and hope to see you all in July boys!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Chey, these photos are spectacular. I love the one in B&W with the clouds above, and the lake below. It has such a mystic sense to it. magic.

    This must be a special time for you all. Hard as it is to be away from the boys' dad, but delving into new found friendships and walking around the places where you were born and grew up. I can feel the deep connection you have here through your photos, and how delightful it must be for you to watch your boys experience it all. The photos with the cousins is sheer delight. I so love when my boys get to be with extended family...watching those relationships unfurl. I think in this nomadic life we all lead these days, it is so important to have those deep family connections -to know that you will be here for one another-no matter what -for always. just beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca. I agree family is who will really be there for all of us - no matter where we are in the world there is always that anchor that we belong to. I am so thankful that I am able to share all these places with the boys - it also provides to time to reminisce about my childhood.
      Chey xo

      Delete
  2. What fun - though not the splashing about in a freezing cold lake! Cousins can be the best and an unexpected visit all the better.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete