Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Steyne Garden

Next to our building is Steyne Garden.  There is a large area of grass perfect for football, rugby,picnics and lounging.  On the end closest to the ocean there is a garden that is a sunken circle with flower beds, benches and in the middle a fountain.  I have been watching the flowers change since we have been here and meaning to go out and take some photos in the later afternoon sun.  I did not realize how wonderful this garden smells - herbs and other sweet smelling plants and flowers.  The colors remind me of fall and the warm glow of the sun felt so good - now I understand why so many people sit in this garden throughout the day.  I will make a point of it more often -




delicate









reminds me of fall harvest





seed pods

sometimes it takes a camera in hand to see the beautiful detail in all these gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment